Sunday, December 23, 2012

Itty Bitty Socks

I was having coffee with a couple of crafty friends the other day, when a new idea came up. (Cheryl is a wonderful seamstress who makes great purses, and Megan makes the most beautiful note cards.)

We were talking about my socks and mittens and they mentioned they have a friend who is known for wearing unique socks, and that friend is having a baby. That of course sparked the idea of baby socks. As I walked home, thoughts of baby socks ran through my head, which led to a search of baby sock patterns on Ravelry (Ravelry has the most amazing pattern search functionality!), and the next thing you know I’m rummaging through my leftover sock yarn and I pulled out some that could be sacrificed for a sock trial.

The first pair of socks was so darn cute, that they were soon followed by three more pairs. I saw Cheryl again on Saturday and gifted her with the following bunch of baby socks which she can now re-gift to her sock loving friend.




No comments:

Post a Comment