I’m happy right now because I have a brand new purse thanks to The Shoe Company.
I bought a purse from The Shoe Company, last August, and I loved it. It is the perfect size and has the perfect balance of pockets to hold everything I need. The thing I loved the most was that it has the perfect pocket for my Kindle. On Wednesday my purse betrayed me. Here is how my day went:
- As I got off the train, headed into work, I noticed my purse zipper was wide open. This isn’t a smart thing when you are squished into the crowded subway, so I shook my head and zipped up my purse.
- When I got to the office my purse was wide open. I couldn’t believe that I hadn’t zipped it up at the subway station, so I shook my head and zipped up my purse and put it away.
- When I went for lunch I grabbed my purse and it was wide open. I silently gave myself grief for still not closing my purse, zipped it up and went out for lunch.
- After buying my lunch I found a table to eat, looked down and my purse was wide open. I thought that I was truly losing my mind and becoming far too careless and, once again, I zipped up my purse.
- At the end of the day, I put on my coat and grabbed my purse and once again, it was wide open. It was only at this point that I realized I’m not losing my mind; it is just the fact that the zipper on my purse was broken and kept separating. (I can’t believe it took me all day to figure that out – maybe I have lost my mind.)
Today I took advantage of my husband’s good mood, and dragged him to The Shoe Company to see if they would be able to fix my purse. I was pleasantly surprised when I told the store clerk that I bought a purse two months ago and the zipper broke. He immediately told me that they would be happy to exchange it, so I could get a new purse. I expected to hear that two months was too long ago for an exchange, and I was out of luck, but thankfully they stood behind their merchandise, and offered me excellent customer service, without question. Gotta love a store that looks after their customers!
The purse that died was a nice shade of plum that was no longer available, so my new purse is a wonderfully bright pink. I think it is a perfect colour for a dull, rainy day. Gotta love the colour pink!
Meanwhile, the quilt continues to make some slow progress. I’ve sewn all the triangles together and am now trimming all the squares. I expect the trimming to last at least until the end of the weekend.