Sunday, January 20, 2013

Back to Beading - First Necklaces of 2013



This week has been busy, but I’ve fit in a bit of time to do what pleases me. I finished one mitten, but the idea of knitting another and lining both, by my false deadline of the end of January, is daunting.

I have the desire to wear something with colour to work tomorrow, so I decided to go for something with purple in it. This, of course, led me to thoughts of my beads and the fact that I had some purple beads looking to be made into a finished product.




I had two sets of purple beads that were intended for one project. When I looked closer I saw that one type needed to be put on string or wire, and the other needed jump rings. I couldn’t figure out how to bring the two together, so I decided to make two necklaces. I made them so they could be worn together, or on their own.




The jury is still out on these. I can’t decide if I like them enough to wear them.

3 comments:

  1. Wear Em!! They look great! The top you choose to wear them with will add even more to their over all presentation. The purple color was a great choice. It's warm and inviting as well as jazzy. That makes it perfect for winter!!

    ~Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So???? Did you wear them? :-)

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dawn! Well, I wore the longer necklace once, but I haven't embraced the shorter one yet. I think that one may get a makeover. :) (and then I'll have some future blog fodder!)

    ReplyDelete