Sunday, March 10, 2013

Binding the Quilt – The Best Part of Quilt Making

This weekend, I’ve been working on attaching the binding to my quilt. This is my favourite part of quilt making.
 
First I machine sew strips of fabric to the edge of the quilt.
 
 
 
 
Then I fold the binding over and hand stitch the binding in place. 
 
 
 
 
The result is a nice, neat edge for the quilt.
 
 
 
 
What makes this my favourite part of quilt making is that I get to snuggle up on the couch, under the quilt while I sew the binding in place.  Cici has discovered this is her favourite part of quilt making too, and she has been snuggled up with me for much of the weekend.
 
 
 
 
Jacob also couldn’t resist joining us on the couch, but he is a teenager so we are not allowed to take his picture.
 
 
 
 
Here are some extra pictures of Cici enjoying the quilt this weekend.
 













 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment