Saturday, October 27, 2012

Kudos to The Shoe Company


I’m happy right now because I have a brand new purse thanks to The Shoe Company.
 
I bought a purse from The Shoe Company, last August, and I loved it. It is the perfect size and has the perfect balance of pockets to hold everything I need. The thing I loved the most was that it has the perfect pocket for my Kindle. On Wednesday my purse betrayed me. Here is how my day went:
  • As I got off the train, headed into work, I noticed my purse zipper was wide open. This isn’t a smart thing when you are squished into the crowded subway, so I shook my head and zipped up my purse.
  • When I got to the office my purse was wide open. I couldn’t believe that I hadn’t zipped it up at the subway station, so I shook my head and zipped up my purse and put it away.
  • When I went for lunch I grabbed my purse and it was wide open. I silently gave myself grief for still not closing my purse, zipped it up and went out for lunch.
  • After buying my lunch I found a table to eat, looked down and my purse was wide open. I thought that I was truly losing my mind and becoming far too careless and, once again, I zipped up my purse.
  • At the end of the day, I put on my coat and grabbed my purse and once again, it was wide open. It was only at this point that I realized I’m not losing my mind; it is just the fact that the zipper on my purse was broken and kept separating.  (I can’t believe it took me all day to figure that out – maybe I have lost my mind.)

Today I took advantage of my husband’s good mood, and dragged him to The Shoe Company to see if they would be able to fix my purse. I was pleasantly surprised when I told the store clerk that I bought a purse two months ago and the zipper broke. He immediately told me that they would be happy to exchange it, so I could get a new purse. I expected to hear that two months was too long ago for an exchange, and I was out of luck, but thankfully they stood behind their merchandise, and offered me excellent customer service, without question. Gotta love a store that looks after their customers!

The purse that died was a nice shade of plum that was no longer available, so my new purse is a wonderfully bright pink. I think it is a perfect colour for a dull, rainy day. Gotta love the colour pink!




Quilt Update

Meanwhile, the quilt continues to make some slow progress. I’ve sewn all the triangles together and am now trimming all the squares. I expect the trimming to last at least until the end of the weekend.



5 comments:

  1. Very nice story. Here in the States when we want good customer service we flash our hand guns and the employees hop right to it if ya know what I mean...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dis is yer comrade from Latvia, Agnea. Here in Latvia we do nut no the meaning of kustomer service. After vaiting in line for tu or tree weeks we get to de front of de line and dey either have et or nut. If zee zipper breaks you just turn it upside down and use et as a hat. Keping da snew offa da ears is a gud thing ja?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, I used to think Agnea was my most loyal fan from Latvia, but due to your sloppily commenting twice under the same user name, I now know that Agnea is just Joanie in disguise. Sigh.

    Once again Joanie, it appears you have too much time on your hands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agnea has always corrupted my account and stolen my bandwidth to post... You are just noticing this now?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sigh, Of course I noticed this earlier, this just gave me the opportunity to point it out.

    No wonder you have too much time on your hands, if you are up at 12:24 am, posting here. Use your time to get some sleep!

    ReplyDelete