Saturday, July 14, 2012

July 2012 - Not a Friend to the Knitter


Toronto’s 3-day forecast



Saturday
Sunday
Monday




High
 
  32° C
  30° C
  33° C
 
Low
  22° C
  21° C
  22° C
 
According to the news, we are in the midst of a heat wave and on track to have the hottest July ever!

This weather isn’t helping my knitting ambitions. I’m determined to start and finish at least one new project each month. This month I have my mittens on the go and while I’m almost done the first one, I’m not sure if I will finish it by tomorrow which is the middle of the month. The false deadline is looming and I may not make it – oh the stress.

While I can (and do) knit in the heat, the yarn moves through my fingers slowly and it takes me a while to get things done. I keep thinking I should get back into beading but for some reason keep reaching for wool instead.

Not that I’m wishing the summer away, but I could do with a forecast that is dialed back a few degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment