Monday, July 2, 2012

Long Weekend Brownies (Mmmm)

This weekend much of our country celebrated Canada Day. What this means for me is that the second I was home from work, on Friday, we packed up the car and high-tailed it out of the city; heading to our friends’ house for our annual Canada Day celebration/food fest.

I had glorious plans of spending many hours quietly reading or knitting, interspersed with catching up with our friends. Given our need to fit in our annual pedicures, barbeques, visits with friends of our friends, and adding in a dash of sight-seeing, there was no time left for knitting.

Here is the state of knitting when I packed. A respectable cast on to get me going on a pair of mittens.




Here is the state of knitting when I unpacked, back at home. A measly half row of knitting was accomplished.




However, Katie and I did manage to find a few moments, when the kitchen was available, for us to make Slutty Brownies. A glorious concoction that starts with a chocolate chip cookie layer, piled on with a layer of Oreo cookies, topped off with a layer of brownies that holds the creation together.





Oh my, this was absolutely as good as it sounds. Pure deliciousness!  I highly recommend visiting What’s Gaby Cooking, to check out this recipe for yourself.

Our sight-seeing adventure involved getting up close and personal with Niagara Falls.




2 comments:

  1. OK, here's something I never thought I'd hear (or see) myself saying -- slutty brownies might be a bit rich...
    Your friends have a huge kitchen, I'd probably want to cook something this good in it too... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The brownies were rich, but a good rich.

    Yes, my friends have a huge, wonderful kitchen from which they serve us much good food! (Love them!)

    ReplyDelete