Sunday, July 29, 2012

My Best Beaded Creation to Date

I’m very pleased to announce that I finally finished a beaded necklace today.




I started this project back on February 20. I began by stringing three strands of assorted pink and crystal beads (that was the fun part); next I strung one strand of double-holed pink and clear beads (that was the not fun part). My conclusion at this point was that beads with two holes are stupid and a pain in the butt to string.

Once the beads were strung I went into a serious procrastination state as I contemplated how to finish the necklace. I knew I could put some cones on the end, but didn’t know how to secure everything. Today I sat down at my table to tackle the finishing and by using a combination of knots and crimp beads, I believe I have securely finished this multi-strand necklace.

I’m very happy with the way it turned out. Now I need to go shopping and buy an outfit to wear it with!

4 comments: