Thursday, October 20, 2011

Hot Off the Press – New Mittens

I have just finished my latest pair of mittens. These wonderful berry coloured snowflake mittens were knit with Chroma yarn from Knit Picks, in the “U-Pick” and “Natural” colours. This is a wonderfully soft yarn that is made of gorgeous colour blocks. I love how the U-pick colour transitions from mauve to red to purple.

Although I feel like I should have these mittens in my life for a while longer, because I really like them, I’ve decided to add them to the for sale pile.

SOLD – Berry coloured, snowflake mittens

The pattern is my own creation, inspired by some of the graphs from an intimidating book, Latvian Mittens. Meredith introduced me to this book and as we sat and oohed and ahhed over her copy, I knew I had to get my own. There are many beautiful photos and graphs that can be turned into amazing mittens, but this is not a book for the faint of heart. The instructions and graphs are near impossible to understand and I have spent many hours converting the graphs into my own patterns so that I don’t have to follow the book too closely.

When I went to grab the link for the Chroma yarn, I noticed Knit Picks has a new yarn, Andes Del Campo. I love the colours, especially the Cilantro and Vineyard Heathers. I would love to knit up a nice cabled sweater in one of these colours.

Time to come up with what to make next - I think I will do something with Chroma yarn in the “Pool Party” colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment