Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Peppermint Cookies

Today was yet another wonderful day off. I think Christmas should always fall on a Sunday so we get the Monday and Tuesday off. It has been such a relaxing Christmas given the catch up time before returning to work.

After going out for some shopping and lunch we returned home just in time to miss the first snowfall of the year. This is the first time this season that we have seen the snow stick to the ground. Given the forecast, I’m sure it will be gone in no time which is fine with me. I don’t mind the cold, but I could do without slogging through snow and slush filled sidewalks.


I continued my Christmas baking today by making Peppermint Cookies. Once again the recipe comes from the Mennonite Girls Can Cook blog site. I discovered this recipe last year and was very pleased to see that they had managed to make an old favourite using every day ingredients instead of the recipe I grew up with which uses scary ingredients like baking ammonia. No ammonia in this recipe, just plain old-fashioned baking soda and some peppermint extract.

Here they are just out of the oven, cooling off before being decorated.



And here they are all prettied up with icing and sprinkles.


Now I’m off to start my next knitting project while I get caught up on some Young and the Restless.

No comments:

Post a Comment