Saturday, November 12, 2011

Knit Picks Wish List Contest

As you may have read, I’m quite taken with KnitPicks yarns lately. They have a contest right now where you simply have to fill out a wish list to potentially win yarn. I’m sometimes drawn to contests and always drawn to dreaming about yarn, so it seemed like a perfect contest to enter.

Here is what I’ve added to my KnitPicks wish list.
  • Swish Worsted Yarn – enough to knit me a nice Aran style sweater in the Lost Lake Heather colour
  • 6 balls of Palette Yarn – to make more mittens. I selected enough for three pairs of mittens - Rose Hip and Merlot Heather; Mineral Heather and Aster; Marble Heather and Mulberry
  • Stroll Hand Painted Sock Yarn in the Pony Ride colour which looks nice to wear and the Juice Box colours which sounds and looks like fun
  • Stroll Tonal Sock Yarn in the Kindling colour because it looks like a nice rich brown tone
  • A Knitting Yarn Swift which is an extremely useful gadget to hold hanks of yarn while they are wound into balls. This gadget saves time, marriages and friendships. (I almost broke up with Meredith once due to a yarn winding incident.)
  • A Yarn Scale to weigh all the bits of leftover mitten yarn I have, since it is a bit weird to always go to Steph’s house to weigh my yarn
You can view these items on the KnitPicks website.

The contest is to win $50 worth of wish list items, but my wish list comes to $195.74. Oh well, a girl can dream.

I may not win the contest, but I’ve got some money burning a hole in my pocket, so I may just purchase some of my wish list items anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment