Sunday, November 13, 2011

Looking Forward to a Week Off!

This coming week I am on vacation and looking forward to every minute of it. I’m not going to either of my favourite vacation spots (Fern and Disney, for those who don’t know me well), but I’m as excited as ever because I get to stay home, all by myself, and do whatever I want.

I’ve decided what I want to do this week is watch crappy daytime TV and sit and sew, knit and bead. I’ve got an ambitious sewing project on the go which is slated to be a Christmas present. I cannot go into detail in case the recipient reads this blog (highly doubtful) but let’s just say I’m under the illusion that I can accomplish before Christmas that which in the past has taken me years to do. I’m always overly optimistic at Christmas time.

I’m also in the midst of a great pair of socks, so those will be worked on this week and when not sewing or knitting I will likely be making more Christmas ornaments out of beads, because they are nice, distracting, shiny objects.

Today I went grocery shopping, vacuumed and I’ve just finished making supper – spaghetti with garlic bread made with fresh roasted garlic. The spaghetti was just an excuse to make the garlic bread. Mmm. Now that supper is made, I’m putting my feet up and sitting on the couch.

Let the vacation begin NOW!

1 comment:

  1. Sooooo jealous. Sounds like the perfect week off. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete