Saturday, April 28, 2012

2012 Knitter's Frolic Haul

The 2012 Knitter’s Frolic took place today and as usual the Downtown Knit Collective put on an amazing event. It is so great to have vendor after vendor catering specifically to the desires of knitters and spinners. The beauty and selection are truly overwhelming.

I browsed the entire show twice before settling in to make some purchases. Knowing that I could spend about two years knitting through my current stash, I decided to use some restraint and only purchased some balls of yarn.




There are two balls of Noro Silk Garden Sock Yarn. This isn’t the softest yarn but Noro yarns are so beautiful with such amazing colours. I’ve never purchased anything from Noro so this was my time with Noro and I couldn’t decide which colour I liked best, so I got them both.

Fleece Artist from Nova Scotia makes some great sock yarn and when I saw the Snow Crocus colour I couldn’t resist it. I love the purples and subtle greens. I can’t wait to see how it knits up.

When I was buying the Noro, there were balls of Lang Yarns Jawoll Silk yarn that were whispering “we have silk too”, and I had to get some of that as well. When I looked at my other purchases I decided to get a completely different colour and went for the orangy, pink blend. This yarn comes with a surprise inside. There is a small spool of matching thread that can be used to reinforce the heel and toe areas. I’m looking forward to seeing how well it works as the heels always wear out faster than I’d like with my hand-knit socks.




Me and my wallet had a successful day today. Just the right mix of new purchases combined with fiscal restraint. (I really wish I could have taken home the life-sized stuffed animal sheep which was super cute, but it was a tad pricey and doesn’t match our décor.)


No comments:

Post a Comment