Friday, January 13, 2012

Making Wreaths for MS Research

After having thankfully finished my pre-Christmas wreath bonanza, I’m having a feeling of déjà vu and find myself back in the wreath making frenzy.

Recently Steph came to me with a great idea. She wanted to know if I wanted to help out the Herbal Magic Yonge-Lawrence team make some items to sell to raise money for MS research. I also signed up to join them in the MS Walk on April 22 (more on that in a future blog post). 

Making crafts for a good cause sounded like a great idea and the thought of knitting mittens and making some wreaths between now and April sounded like a relaxing way to spend my winter evenings. What I neglected to consider is that the craft sale is being spearheaded by Nora who is more enthusiastic and driven than I will ever be. Nora is a wonderful woman, worshipped for her margarita magic as well as her infinite capacity for taking on new projects. I should have realized that she would not patiently sit and watch the next few months pass by until the craft sale begins. She wants to start the craft sale NOW, and let it run until April.

Since it takes me at least two weeks to whip up some socks or mittens, I’ve resorted to making wreaths as my early contribution to the craft sale. I will be making socks and mittens too, but for now I’ll start my efforts with some wreaths.


No comments:

Post a Comment