Monday, September 3, 2012

Labour Day Marks the End of Summer Vacation


Today is Labour Day. I’m going to represent the family and say that we had a great day here. It started with a tiny bit of labour as I forced my son to super clean his room (specifically the closet). There were enough dust bunnies to carpet our whole apartment, if we liked that shade of grey. After the cleaning frenzy we took the dog for a nice walk and then we parted ways and Steve and I went out for sushi and the teenager went somewhere to eat (I should ask him where he went.) After lunch we found a grocery store that was open so we could pick up a baguette for supper. We made a tactical error by looking to see if there was anything else we should get. We found something… Portuguese custard tarts! We love custard tarts and have been fortunate to not find a source in our immediate neighbourhood. We couldn’t resist buying 6. It could get dangerous to have these so readily accessible.

Yesterday, I finished my August project, which was a pair of socks knit from KnitPicks Stroll yarn. The colour is called “Summer Vacation”. How appropriate that I finished the Summer Vacation socks on Labour Day Eve.




The pattern is the Mock Wave Cable Socks from Interweave, as noted in my post a couple of weeks back.

For my next project, my good intentions are to design a new mitten pattern to knit up for September. I’ll let you know how that goes.


In other news…

I finally joined Twitter this weekend, so feel free to follow @JanetMakesThing if you are interesed in more of my ramblings.

No comments:

Post a Comment