Monday, May 7, 2012

Faux Cables

I’m loving the knitting pattern I am using to knit a pair of socks, for my project for May. I stumbled across this pattern on Ravelry, and I am so glad. I think this will be one of my go to patterns in the future.

I love the look of intricately patterned socks, but I like the feel of wearing plain stockinette stitch or socks made from a plain ribbing. When I found this pattern I knew it would be the perfect blend for my fussy tastes – it has the perfect blend of plain stockinette stitch on the bottom, a cable-look on top for visual interest, and some ribbing for comfortable stretch.

The pattern is by a knitting designer named Jen in Chicago. She has designed a perfect blend of knitting two stitches together, yarn overs and twisted stitches to result in a cable-look without that pesky cable needle. You can find her ideas and patterns on her blog at http://www.knittinglikecrazy.com/.

Here is what my version of Jen’s faux cable looks like.




I’m almost done the first sock, so I should have both done next weekend, IF I don’t let the Leftover Blanket distract me.

No comments:

Post a Comment